Unveiling of the New Samsung Galaxy Note 7
Today, August 2nd saw the unveiling of the much waited new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 in New York. This one has had me excited for the past few months, as a current owner and user of the Note 3 device. Yes, it is still holding strong and is one of the favourite phones I have ever had the pleasure of using. Apart from having to change the battery twice every day after the last upgrade of Android. Anyway, as you can imagine as someone as tech minded as myself my phone pretty much means everything to me. From first thing in the morning to last thing before sleeping, my phone is one of the most used tools I own. Having the Note 3 for the past 3 years has been an utter pleasure and therefore when I heard of the launch of the Note 7, I was a tad excited.
So, below is a summary of the features that have being outlined in Samsung’s latest flagship phone. The new features were explained, rather robotically, on stage by DJ Koh, Justin Denison and Suzanne De Silva.
- 5.7 inch dual curved Gorilla Glass – QHD Super AMOLED display,
- Refined UX – softened colors, uniformly rounded icons
- 4 Colours – Black Onyx, Silver Titanium and Blue Coral
- 50% Thinner Stylus Nib – from 1.6mm to 0.7mm
- New “Samsung Notes” App – for all Stylus based functions/notes
- One Screen Touch Translation – with pen
- Water Resistance – to 5ft for 30 mins – Stylus – Water and Dust Proof – IP68
- HDR Video Recording/Playing – even better
- 12 megapixel rear camera and 5 megapixel front – same as S7
- 64GB Built in Memory – MicroSD slot up to 256gb
- CPU 30.7% & GPU 58.5% Faster than Note 5
- 3,500mah Battery – with Fast Wireless Charging
- Portable Power Pack – waterproof
- New “USB-type C” Connector – adapter included for older connections
- Smart Share – allowing to transfer settings/apps from an old phone
- Free 15Gb Samsung Cloud Account
- Irish Scanner – Securing Phone and Folder Access – apps, files, etc
- Samsung Pass – allowing to lock your personal information away – Bank/Credit/Debit Cards
Release date is August 19th, although they will begin taking Pre-orders around the world over the coming days. Those who pre-order the Galaxy Note 7 in Ireland from Carphone Warehouse, Three Ireland, Tesco, or Vodafone will be rewarded with a brand new Gear VR headset. No mention as of today on any of their websites, although I found some link to them anyway.
Below you will find images taken as screen grabs directly from the unveiling video.
Here is a link to the original video posted on YouTube (start time 44m:45s) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCpVkeW40pI
Review by the amazing Marqus Brown Lee