The Top 10 Digital Marketing Tools for 2016 every marketeer must know
2015 was an excellent year for the team at Plugmedia learning about the best tools for marketing that we were able to put into practice. Here were our top 10 that we believe you can benefit from using in your marketing campaigns in 2016.
1. Snip.ly we came across when working on the digital marketing campaign for #FPCON15. PostPlanner does have a tool within it that kind of does the same thing although Snip.ly is an absolute beaut of a tool. Simple put, this puts real value back into content curation. Allowing your to place a CTA message and CTA button onto the valuable content you are linking to. Allowing you provide a new inbound marketing opportunity on everything you post.
2. PostPlanner we started using over 5 years ago and then kind of left it go. Since 2010 they have moved PostPlanner to a different level. Now offering social media aggregation to both Facebook and Twitter, this little tool is just superb. Not only a super little aggregator and excellent content creator and curator with ideas and content feeds available. A real stunner and worth spending on the paid version for large active communities who are hungry for content.
3. Canva/PicMonkey have never been a need for us here at Plugmedia, as our design gang can pretty much put anything together using Fireworks, Photoshop or InDesign. Nevertheless, this two browser based image apps are a must have for marketeers. Light in weight and absolutely packed with features. Canva is free although offers an extensive library of stockart from $1 per item. PicMonkey has a FREE and paid version packed with loads of features. Excellent mobile and easy to use in both cases.
4. Google Analytics URL Builder was a stunner of tool for us in 2015. Working on two big digital campaigns we used tracking URLs on all inbound marketing urls and were able to show the detailed learning from the reports in Google Analytics afterwards.
5. Google Drive has being my saviour for another year again. Now hitting our third year moving all our file management through Google Drive and just recently upgrading our cloud account to 1TB. Plugmedia swears by this tool. Google Drive is a must have for marketeers. We ran all of our weekly/monthly reporting with clients through Google Docs. All Client/Project File sharing and managing with Google Drive. We even moved a charity across on to Google Apps.
6. Instagram as predicted this social media tool has become a giant in 2015. At Plugmedia we really took this on a proper test drive this year and saw how powerful this little tool is. With a whopping, reported, 400 million users you need to unsure to ask how or can we use Instagram in 2016.
7. Pages Manager this a must have for community managers. As Facebook keeps redesigning the goal posts, more often than most teenagers change the colour of their har, this mobile app allows you to manage and monitor all of your Facebook pages in one place. The app has come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months and pretty much offers everything the desktop version does while on the move.
8. ColorZilla is a simple Chrome browser plugin allows you to click and find the HTML (Hexadecimal) colour value of anything displayed in your browser. Excellent tool.
9. Rapportive this plugin for Gmail allows you to see the details behind your contacts. Either typing someones email into the To: field or receiving a message from someone, Rapportive (now owned by LinkedIN) shows the contacts details, last social media posts, etc. A must have for marketeers.
10. issuu is a free electronic publishing platform for magazines, catalogs, newspapers and more. As a digital newsstand with over 21 million publications and 85 million active readers.
You can host your PDFs for FREE. We used a paid account for a client during an event allowing us to Embed their magazine in Social Media, their website and to remove ads. Excellent tool.